- New Lenovo™ 14e Gen 2 and 100e, 300e,500e Gen 3 Chromebooks and Lenovo 14w Gen 2 and 100w, 300w, 500w Gen 3 Windows laptops designed to withstand rigors of modern learning
- New ThinkVision™ T24t provides an interactive, productive and healthy monitor solution
- Comprehensive education-focused software, services and innovative solutions point towards the future of learning
Morrisville, NC – March 23, 2021 – Today Lenovo announced a new generation of laptops designed for education and supported by wide-ranging software and services offerings to facilitate learning in a new world. Offering a broad choice of Windows or Chromebook systems powered by AMD® or Intel® processors, the new laptops provide durability within distinctive designs and now include features that help students and educators transition between classroom and remote learning. They can further enhance their collaborative learning space by adding a touch enabled ThinkVision T24t mounted on an ergonomic stand.
It is estimated that more than 1.5 billion students have been affected by school closures1 and many continue to endure disrupted agendas. As a technology provider, Lenovo is committed to partnering with customers to develop and deliver innovative solutions to enhance learning today and into the future.
“We applaud educators, students and institutions for their energy and dedication in the face of unprecedented challenges,” said Jerry Paradise, vice president of Global Commercial Portfolio and Product Management in Intelligent Devices Group, Lenovo. “As a leader in the global education market, we remain laser-focused in our pursuit to support all involved in education. Our ongoing commitment and expertise in tailored solutions will help drive innovative educational technology as we reimagine and reinvent teaching and learning.”
New Computing Devices for Hybrid Learning
Our new laptops designed for education have evolved to withstand the rigours of remote learning. Devices need to be more mobile than ever and are at greater risk of drops, spills and knocks. We’ve made our devices more durable and added features more suited to all learning modalities.
All models meet the independent MIL-SPEC 801H standard. In addition, Lenovo’s own stringent education specifications call for reinforced ports and hinges, with rubber bumpers to protect from accidental drops. Spill resistance has been improved by nearly ten percent2 and Corning® Gorilla Glass offers better screen protection.
The new designs also include features to enable more productive and inclusive learning wherever it may be:
- USB Type-C port allows flexible docking for easy connection of external devices and supports quick charging by providing up to 80 percent battery in an hour
- New HDMI port enables connection of a second display to extend the learning workspace
- Optional Intel® Wi-Fi 6 helps network performance and stability3 while 4G-LTE4 is optional on select models for multi-location learning capabilities
- End-user privacy is enhanced with the addition of a physical webcam shutter
The Lenovo 500e and 500w are powered by the new Intel® Celeron® N5100 and Intel® Pentium® N6000 processors respectively. The Lenovo 100e and 300e are powered by AMD’s latest processors for Chromebooks, with their Windows counterparts powered by AMD 3015e processors.
Monitors and Accessories Enrichen Learning Ecosystem
ThinkVision monitors can offer a richer online and classroom learning experience. By encouraging interactive and collaborate learning, additional displays can help diversify classroom content and improve distance learning. The new ThinkVision T24t offers touch capability with up to 2,880 sensors on its 23.8-inch display helping students easily interact with education content. Furthermore, the T24t provides a one-cable solution to easily connect compatible Windows, Chromebook and Android devices via USB Type-C for docking and powering the device up to 75W.
As students and teachers spend more and more hours in digital learning environments, eye strain and bad posture are consequences of extended periods. ThinkVision T24t offers an extended tilt range for better ergonomic position, while Natural Low Blue Light eyecare technology certified with Eyesafe® and TÜV Rheinland Eye Comfort certification reduce harmful blue light wavelengths allowing extended periods without the worry of eye fatigue without compromising amazing color performance.
Check out the datasheet for full specifications including standard features and configuration options.
A broad selection of accessories can make education more fun and productive. Mice, headsets and webcams improve hybrid learning experiences and new carry cases offer better protection and easier movement between places of learning.
Education optimized accessories include:
- The lightweight Lenovo 100 Stereo USB Headset delivers clear audio for digital learning and calls, and works with all leading unified communications platforms while certified Works with Chromebook5
- Also available is the Lenovo FHD Webcam. Featuring a Full HD 1080p CMOS camera, the webcam is great for high quality conference calls with friends, family and virtual classrooms.
- The plug-and-play Lenovo Essential USB Mouse, available in black or white, offers a high resolution 1600DPI optical sensor for smooth operation and is suitable for both right- and left-handed operation.
- New custom moulded hard-shell carry cases designed specifically for the new generation of 11.6-inch Lenovo education laptops protect the laptops against bumps and scratches. The Targus Cases for Lenovo will be available soon. Alternatively the ThinkPad 11.6-inch Work-In Case is perfect for the student or teacher who frequently move between classes across campus. With patented SafePort air protection to shield the laptop against impacts, the flexible case allows users to work on the laptop while it is still inside the case.
Comprehensive Education-focused Solutions
Our goal is to help provide new ways to ensure educational continuity that works with face-to-face, remote and hybrid learning methods and supports users and institutions across different platforms. By expanding our portfolio to include innovative collaboration solutions and optional services and software offerings, we are better positioned to anticipate and smooth the way towards the broader needs of remote learning.
- Lenovo Hybrid Classroom solutions bring smarter collaboration to the classroom, helping teachers create more immersive and flexible learning environments that can support students in multiple locations.
- The easy to setup, deploy and manage offerings include options for Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Google Meet platforms for seamless integration into existing infrastructure.
- Accidental Damage Protection covers accidents beyond system warranty.
- Zero touch deployment enables system provisioning seamlessly and securely while offerings like etching and configure to order allow the right levels of customization.
- Safeguarding data and maximizing protection for students and teachers is paramount. Absolute® can track, assess and manage devices; SentinelOne® offers AI-powered endpoint security through real-time prevention, detection and response against known and new malware strains.
A critical part of digital transformation in education is understanding the needs and challenges of teachers and students. Lenovo offers robust IT and instructional software solutions to be part of that transformation.
- LanSchool Air helps teachers push content to student devices to help them stay focused and engaged.
- Our instructional software suite now includes Exploros™, an innovative digital platform that delivers flexible curriculum based learning with in-person and virtual capabilities.
- Creativity Apps for Chromebook bring together five digital tools that promote collaboration, communication and critical thinking to empower students to tap into their creative thinking. The apps can be managed at scale using the Google Admin Console.
Emerging Technologies Provide the Key to Smarter Education
Learning and educating looks very different today, but how will it look tomorrow? Emerging technologies provide an insight into the future of education and in many areas, this is already happening today. The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) curriculum and Esports are driving a great deal of innovative education breakthroughs.
Lenovo VR Classroom 2 brings a whole new immersive experience to learning and training use cases. Bringing topics to life can be a big step in the understanding and comprehension of subject matter. the understanding and comprehension of subject matter.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology has the potential to benefit schools and institutions in the near future. As AI becomes more commonplace and our efficiencies improve as a result of AI analytics, we will be able to translate that into education to better serve students, teachers and administrators.
Esports in education is a new concept, but one that is being embraced by a broad set of students already familiar with gaming. We can help schools build an Esports program to use as a tool to encourage engagement, teamwork and strategic thinking. Importantly Esports can also be a highly diverse and inclusive program.
U.S. Pricing and Availability6:
|Available starting||Price from|
|Lenovo 14w Gen 2||May 2021||$334|
|Lenovo 14e Gen 2||May 2021||$334|
|Lenovo 100e Gen 3||May 2021||$299|
|Lenovo 300e Gen 3||May 2021||$359|
|Lenovo 500e Gen 3||May 2021||$429|
|Lenovo 100w Gen 3||June 2021||$299|
|Lenovo 300w Gen 3||May 2021||$359|
|Lenovo 500w Gen 3||June 2021||$429|
|Targus Case for Lenovo 100e / 100w Gen 3||May 2021||$19.99|
|Targus Case for Lenovo 300e/500e Gen 3 and 300w/500w Gen 3||May 2021||$19.99|
|ThinkVision T24t-20||Q2 2021||$459|
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $50 billion Fortune Global 500 company, with 63,000 employees and operating in 180 markets around the world. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation – to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world. To find out more, visit https://www.lenovo.com, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Weibo and read about the latest news via our StoryHub.
1 Source: UNESCO – https://en.unesco.org/covid19/educationresponse/globalcoalition
2 Spill resistance up from 330ml to 360ml. Water-resistant design helps protect against moderate exposure to water, such as accidental spills, splashes, or light rain. It is not designed to be submersed in water or exposed to pressurized water or other liquids. Water-resistance may diminish over time. Not waterproof.
3 Requires separately purchased Wi-Fi router and plan that may vary by location. Additional terms, conditions and/or charges apply. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors
4 Requires 4G network service and separately purchased cellular data plan that may vary by location. Additional terms, conditions and/or charges apply. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
5 This product works with devices capable of running the latest version of Chrome OS and has been certified to meet Google’s compatibility standards. Google is not responsible for the operation of this product or its compliance with safety requirements.
6 Prices may not include tax, shipping or options and are subject to change without notice; additional terms and conditions apply. Reseller prices may vary. On-shelf dates may vary by geography and products may only be available in select markets. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice.
LENOVO, THINKVISION and LANSCHOOL AIR are trademarks of Lenovo. Intel, Intel Celeron and Intel Pentium are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices. Chromebook, Works with Chromebook and Google Meet are trademarks of Google LLC. GORILLA is a trademark of Corning Inc. TÜV is a registered trademark of the TÜV Rheinland Group. EYESAFE is the registered trademark of Healthe LLC. ABSOLUTE is a trademark of Absolute Software Corporation. SENTINELONE is a trademark of Sentinel Labs, Inc. in the United States and other countries. EXPLOROS is a trademark of Exploros Inc. Wi-Fi is a trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2021, Lenovo Group Limited. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2021, Lenovo Group Limited.